• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

10 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@HungryChris, thanks for reminding me to get myself to the seafood shop for some more oysters while the getting is good. 

Thanks for the Crepes,

First day of spring indeed, winter storm alerts and all. Most folks buy salt for the walkways and so on, here is how I decided to prep for the storm:

HC

IMG_0436.thumb.JPG.1964295b77a02a50fae27

Oh and I almost forgot. I took three empty growlers to the local craft brewery to be filled with one of my favorite APAs too, just to play it safe.

IMG_0456.thumb.JPG.7cfcb1ab16c72e673774f

HungryChris

HungryChris

9 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@HungryChris, thanks for reminding me to get myself to the seafood shop for some more oysters while the getting is good. 

Thanks for the Crepes,

First day of spring indeed, winter storm alerts and all. Most folks buy salt for the walkways and so on, here is how I decided to prep for the storm:

HC

Oh and I almost forgot. I took three empty growlers to the local craft brewery to be filled with one of my favorite APAs too.

IMG_0456.thumb.JPG.7cfcb1ab16c72e673774f

HungryChris

HungryChris

5 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Thanks for the Crepes,

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

5 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@HungryChris, thanks for reminding me to get myself to the seafood shop for some more oysters while the getting is good. The last time, my husband went without me, and brought back fried oysters. I forgot how much I really don't like them fried. It totally changes the flavor to me. I haven't had any in at least the seventeen years my husband and I have been together. Why he thought I meant fried when all I ever get is live ones is a mystery?

I made sort of a fall/winter meal as it has turned pretty chilly here again for the first day of Spring. I cut celery, white onion, a Russet potato, butternut squash and a McIntosh apple into rustic chunks and placed in my 3 qt. French white Corning Ware casserole. Drizzled with a cup of chicken stock and sprinkled salt and pepper and tossed. Placed a halved Cornish hen seasoned with chicken salt and pepper on top and dotted with butter. Baked covered for a half hour, then uncovered and baked another half hour. This made a good and pretty healthy dinner. Served with some warmed ciabatta for sopping the juices.

Thanks for the Crepes,

HC