• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight was meant to be last night. I had just popped the chicken breast into the brine for an hour or two when I got the call. Call me weak, but when your best friend, a beautiful woman, suggests abandoning your plan for a lonely dinner for one and joining her instead...

So. I stuck brining chicken in the fridge and went off for a lovely meal of sushi and sashimi. We like that!

So this evening I rescued chicken from the fridge after its 24 hour brine and cooked it by the 1-10-10 method, which I swear by. Boiled a large spud and made some mayonnaise for a potato salad with scallions. Made another salad with lettuce, carrot, mushroom, scallions and cherry tomatoes. Dressed the latter salad in an olive oil and Chinese rice vinegar vinaigrette. Served with some of the hard boiled pigeon eggs I was experimenting with earlier in the day.

The brine had left the chicken rather salty, so I cut back on the salt in the salads. It worked out OK.

Served with a bottle of 2010 Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico.

56ee8ac89a346_chickensalad.jpg.8dd9dc013

No complaints.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight was meant to be last night. I had just popped the chicken breast into the brine for an hour or two when I got the call. Call me weak, but when your best friend, a beautiful woman, suggests abandoning your plan for a lonely dinner for one and joining her instead...

So. I stuck brining chicken in the fridge and went off for a lovely meal of sushi and sashimi. We like that!

So this evening I rescued chicken from the fridge after its 24 hour brine and cooked it by the 1-10-10 method, which I swear by. Boiled a large spud and made some mayonnaise for a potato salad with scallions. Made another salad with lettuce, carrot, mushroom, scallions and cherry tomatoes. Dressed the latter salad in an olive oil and Chinese rice vinegar vinaigrette.

Served with a bottle of 2010 Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico.

56ee8ac89a346_chickensalad.jpg.8dd9dc013

No complaints.