• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I also had salmonella once. Three months of being almost incapacitatingly sick and in pain before it was even diagnosed. 4 days in hospital in isolation at the end of it all. No idea to this day what caused it but it was probably chicken. I have been excruciatingly cautious ever since and tend to throw away anything I have the least doubt about - and to wash my hands constantly when I am touching any foods I think have even a remote chance of being contaminated. That is one 'diet' I never want to go on again.

Deryn

Deryn

I also had salmonella once. Three months of being almost incapacitatingly sick and in pain before it was even diagnosed. 4 days in hospital in isolation at the end of it all. No idea to this day what caused it but it was probably chicken. I have been excruciatingly cautious ever since and tend (I am sure) to throw away anything I have the least doubt about - and to wash my hands constantly when I am touching any foods I think have even a remote chance of being contaminated. That is one 'diet' I never want to go on again.