• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

The outcome? The toast looked good. To be fair the bread was slightly stale but the toast sucked. It was dry and crumbly throughout, burned on the bottom (I did not take a picture of the bottom of the toast) and the only thing it may have been good for would be making bread crumbs. 

I did not replenish the water that was used during the steaming of the shrimp prior to making the toast. So I will try again— the oven makes a noise and a signal when the water reservoir is full, so I’m not always measuring the amount. 

The deceitful toast:

IMG_3460.jpeg

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

The outcome? The toast looked good. To be fair the bread was slightly stale but the toast sucked. It was dry and crumbly throughout, burned on the bottom (I did not take a picture of the bottom of the toast) and the only thing it may have been good for would be making bread crumbs. 

I did not replenish the water that was used during the streaming of the shrimp prior to making the toast. So I will try again— the oven makes a noise and a signal when the water reservoir is full, so I’m not always measuring the amount. 

The deceitful toast:

IMG_3460.jpeg