• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oferl

oferl

At Amazon uk, actually any amazon, i assume nobody buys directly from the first page at "amazon price", as the prices never make much sense, you go below to one of the used or new link options, and then get very good deals, for eg. Notter's book is 30.5 gbp for new, before shipping. Unfortunately not every "shop option" sends to my country, i assume your life is much easier in that sense, and shipping costs are very low if you are in the UK (and Europe..).

I think Book depository used to have better prices in the past, but lost a lot of ground in the last couple of years, as it seems that the options i mention from Amazon uk site (below the "amazon price") became signifacently cheaper in past years, without a proper respone from BD.. My feeling and opinion..

oferl

oferl

At Amazon uk, actually any amazon, i assume nobody buys directly from the first page, as the prices never make much sense, you go below to one of the used or new options, and then get very good deals, for eg. Notter's book is 30.5 gbp for new, before shipping. Unfortunately not every "shop option" sends to my country, i assume your life is much easier in that sense, and shipping costs are very low if you are in the UK (and Europe..).

I think Book depository used to have better prices in the past, but lost a lot of ground in the last couple of years, as it seems that the options i mention from Amazon uk site (below the "amazon price") became signifacently cheaper in past years, without a proper respone from BD.. My feeling and opinion..