• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

when i first started SV, I did whole skinless-boneless chicken breasts  ( de-tendon'd ) at 140 for 3 hours.

for me that was too soft, even though I love rare beef.  so I went to 145 for 3 hours and liked them a lot.    firmer 

then I started pounding them and added 'stuffings '   generally mortadella, a cheese that melted ( Tj's swiss or Jack ) and salami.

these turned out perfect at 140 for 3 hours.  at these temps the ckbr was not mushy at all, however its odd that the 140 stuffed ckbr did not

have a soft mouth feel.   maybe the light pounding after a semi-split affected this

I did not measure the thickness.

here they are bagged :

CkBr Bagged.jpg

this is an excellent way to add flavor to a meat that's lets say is 'lite' on flavor.

these are tied and plump, tied to keep the filling in place while slipping into the bags.

on of the best things I make SV

superb  'hot' for an evening meal, and excellent sliced while cold for a sandwich.

the melted cheese at 140  stays inside the chicken, although a little bit melts and surrounds the whole CkBr.

rotuts

rotuts

when i first started SV, I did whole chicken breasts  ( de-tendon'd ) at 140 for 3 hours.

for me that was too soft, even though I love rare beef.  so I went to 145 for 3 hours and liked them a lot.    firmer 

then I started pounding them and added 'stuffings '   generally mortadella, a cheese that melted ( Tj's swiss or Jack ) and salami.

these turned out perfect at 140 for 3 hours.  at these temps the ckbr was not mushy at all, however its odd that the 140 stuffed ckbr did not

have a soft mouth feel.   maybe the light pounding after a semi-split affected this

here they are bagged :

CkBr Bagged.jpg

this is an excellent way to add flavor to a meat that's lets say is 'lite' on flavor.

these are tied and plump, tied to keep the filling in place while slipping into the bags.

superb  'hot' for an evening meal, and excellent sliced while cold for a sandwich.

the melted cheese at 140  stays inside the chicken, although a little bit melts and surrounds the whole CkBr.

rotuts

rotuts

when i first started SV, I did whole chicken breasts  ( de-tendon'd ) at 140 for 3 hours.

here they are bagged :

CkBr Bagged.jpg

rotuts

rotuts

here they are bagged :

CkBr Bagged.jpg

this is an excellent way to add flavor to a meat that's lets say 'lite' on flavor.

rotuts

rotuts