• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

I offered to make our IT guy some homemade ice cream because he's been so good to me for years now...above and beyond the call of duty by far.  So he picks strawberry.  And I agree.  Not realizing that there are so few  recipes for strawberry ice for a good reason.

So I settled finally on David Lebovitz's Strawberry-Sour Cream Ice Cream (The Perfect Scoop) ...and was completely blown away with the sheer deliciousness of the result.  We loved it.  Even I loved it...and I am not a big ice cream fan.  Followed it exactly as printed...not my norm...and lo! and behold! I am sold on this one.  It goes to him this very afternoon...

Darienne

Darienne

I offered to make our IT guy some homemade ice cream because he's been so good to me for years now...above and beyond the call of duty by far.  So he picks strawberry.  And I agree.  Not realizing that there are so few  recipes for strawberry ice for a good reason.

So I settled finally on David Lelbovitz's Strawberry-Sour Cream Ice Cream (The Perfect Scoop) ...and was completely blown away with the sheer deliciousness of the result.  We loved it.  Even I loved it...and I am not a big ice cream fan.  Followed it exactly as printed...not my norm...and lo! and behold! I am sold on this one.  It goes to him this very afternoon...