• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I probably let my ice cream spin after it is ready to be removed from the machine; what tells you it's "done?' I never go over 25 minutes, but it sure looks ready to eat after about 15.

69792376_SicilianGelatodoublevanilla07-20.thumb.JPG.3be5de758c5afe0bcfe8802c584dc9a6.JPG

And as I pointed out in this post, ice crystals are non-evident in my finished product.  I also pre-freeze the containers that the ice cream is going into, as well as the stuff I use to get the ice cream from the canister into the container.

I mean after all, this stuff isn't going to the Bocuse d'Or.  d'Or is it? 🤣

It's all better than the Ben & Jerry's I had in the original location.

weinoo

weinoo

I probably let my ice cream spin after it is ready to be removed from the machine; what tells you it's "done?' I never go over 25 minutes, but it sure looks ready to eat after about 15.

69792376_SicilianGelatodoublevanilla07-20.thumb.JPG.3be5de758c5afe0bcfe8802c584dc9a6.JPG

And as I pointed out in this post, ice crystals are non-evident in my finished product.  I also pre-freeze the containers that the ice cream is going into, as well as the stuff I use to get the ice cream from the canister into the container.

I mean after all, this stuff isn't going to the Bocuse d'Or. Or is it? It's all better than the Ben & Jerry's I had in the original location.