• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ccp900

ccp900

On 7/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, ccp900 said:

After 6 hours of hardening the ice cream does not feel gritty.  I’ll report back tomorrow after a full day of hardening

Yep. The ice cream is not gritty. It is hard as expected but the mouthfeel is smooth. It is colder in the mouth so I might have to play with the coldness but that would mean using more fat and air which I can’t add more of. I have already used so much skim milk powder so I can’t add more there. Air is my best choice now but I am limited by my machine using a cuisinart ice 100

i could lower the freezing point too but I’d rather have a harder ice cream which I need to temper 3 mins than a fast melting one

ccp900

ccp900

On 7/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, ccp900 said:

After 6 hours of hardening the ice cream does not feel gritty.  I’ll report back tomorrow after a full day of hardening

Yep. The ice cream is not gritty. It is hard as expected but the mouthfeel is smooth. It is colder in the mouth so I might have to play with the coldness but that would mean using more fat and air which I can’t add more of. I have already used so much skim milk powder so I can’t add more there. Air is my best choice now but I am limited by my machine using a cuisinart ice 100