• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jaymes

Jaymes

59 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I was wondering about ribs - too bad I don't have a CSO there to finish them off!

Well, there are different types of rib dishes, many of which don't require "finishing off."  Perhaps short ribs cooked some sort of hot-pot or Asian style. And I'm a big fan of ribs & Bavarian sauerkraut - although it's true that not everyone likes the aroma of sauerkraut cooking as much as I do. But you could just go with German red cabbage - not quite so pungent. 

Jaymes

Jaymes

56 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I was wondering about ribs - too bad I don't have a CSO there to finish them off!

Well, there are different types of rib dishes, many of which don't require "finishing off."  Perhaps short ribs cooked some sort of hot-pot or Asian style. And I'm a big fan of ribs & Bavarian sauerkraut - although it's true that not everyone likes the aroma of sauerkraut cooking as much as I do. 

Jaymes

Jaymes

55 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Well, there are different types of rib dishes, many of which don't require "finishing off."  Perhaps short ribs cooked some sort of hot-pot or Asian style. And I'm a big fan of ribs & Bavarian sauerkraut. Although it's true that not everyone likes the aroma of sauerkraut cooking as much as I do. 

Jaymes

Jaymes

48 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Well, there are different types of rib dishes, many of which don't require "finishing off."  Perhaps short ribs cooked some sort of hot-pot or Asian style. And I'm a big fan of ribs & Bavarian sauerkraut.