• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

add more details

This IP really has my respect.  I use it so much that it never has time to go back into the cupboard.  Yesterday, I made soft boiled eggs for breakfast, made rice for dog food, took a whole frozen chicken and cooked it from frozen for the dog food (saved the breast meat for chicken salad, used broth and everything else for the dog food), threw this week's miscellaneous vegetable remnants into the pot with some canned tomatoes for @Shelby 's "cabbage soup"-- all before lunchtime.  Late in the afternoon, I cooked some lentils for "meatless meatballs", made a mixture of cooked multi-color peppers, onions, garlic, black beans, corn etc. for burrito filling, made some applesauce, and finally ended up steaming some fresh broccoli for dinner.  I've got yogurt working in it now.  

ETA:  I forgot that I also steamed potatoes yesterday afternoon for potato salad.

It really is a remarkable product and unlike so many other "gadgets" that I've purchased over the years, I use it several times per day.  It's so easy to use as well as easy to clean. Maybe I can get a job as a paid spokesperson?

kbjesq

kbjesq

This IP really has my respect.  I use it so much that it never has time to go back into the cupboard.  Yesterday, I made soft boiled eggs for breakfast, made rice for dog food, took a whole frozen chicken and cooked it from frozen for the dog food (saved the breast meat for chicken salad, used broth and everything else for the dog food), threw this week's miscellaneous vegetable remnants into the pot with some canned tomatoes for @Shelby 's "cabbage soup"-- all before lunchtime.  Late in the afternoon, I cooked some lentils for "meatless meatballs", made a mixture of cooked multi-color peppers, onions, garlic, black beans, corn etc. for burrito filling, made some applesauce, and finally ended up steaming some fresh broccoli for dinner.  I've got yogurt working in it now.  

It really is a remarkable product and unlike so many other "gadgets" that I've purchased over the years, I use it several times per day.  It's so easy to use as well as easy to clean. Maybe I can get a job as a paid spokesperson?