• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

5 hours ago, Shelby said:

poached egg methods in the IP are ALL over the place in terms of how people do it

I've read the same all-over-the-place methods which has encouraged me to continue to poach eggs in a pan on the stove - I admire those of you who have experimented further!  

I made this lemon, artichoke and shrimp risotto this evening.  Super easy and it was very well received by my house guests.  I used frozen artichoke hearts instead of canned but otherwise followed the recipe.  It says that it serves 4 as a main course but 3 of us stuffed ourselves and polished it off as we sat around the table and worked on a second bottle of Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse that was a perfect pairing for this dish.

Edited to add that this was my first pressure cooker risotto and I was pleasantly surprised at how much this hands-off method recapitulated the texture of the traditional method of adding broth one ladle at a time with fairly constant stirring.  A side-by-side comparison might show up the imposter but for something so quick and easy, this was very good. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

poached egg methods in the IP are ALL over the place in terms of how people do it

I've read the same all-over-the-place methods which has encouraged me to continue to poach eggs in a pan on the stove - I admire those of you who have experimented further!  

I made this lemon, artichoke and shrimp risotto this evening.  Super easy and it was very well received by my house guests.  I used frozen artichoke hearts instead of canned but otherwise followed the recipe.  It says that it serves 4 as a main course but 3 of us stuffed ourselves and polished it off as we sat around the table and worked on a second bottle of Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse that was a perfect pairing for this dish.