• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

tried to copy the link to the recipe and it did not work.

I made butter chicken the other day and while the pot was coming up to pressure, the message "Ovht" was displayed.  I checked the manual then checked to see if anything was sticking to the pot.  The sauce was sticking a bit so I loosened it and tried again.  It was set for 7 minutes, poultry.  Same message.  This time there was food stuck to the bottom,  although not badly.  Both times the pot shut off.  When I opened the lid the contents were happily burbling away.  Has anyone else gotten this same message?  I read that when making oatmeal in the IP milk dairy milk is not recommended as it can cause sticking.  Is the same true for coconut milk?  The coconut milk I used was "Real Thai" which has coconut extract of 85%, which is a lot higher than most. The dish was really good so I would want to make it again.  To avoid this happening again, should I use a coconut milk with a lower coconut extract %?  The recipe I used was "Pressure Cooker Butter Chicken" from the Pressure Cooker Convert site.  I tried to copy the link to it here but all I was ever able to copy was half of it.

ElsieD

ElsieD

I made butter chicken the other 

this HTML class. Value is http://pressurecooke