• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brussels sprout stalk

bonkboo

In that way, and talking of brussel sprout stalks,

in England we do seek out brussel sprout stalk tops.

They are delicious and simple to cook.most often found in your local , locally sourcing Green Grocer:

top-of-sprout-stalk-263x300.jpg

Martial.2,500 Years ago:

If pale beans bubble for you in a red earthenware pot, you can often decline the dinners of sumptuous hosts.

Next time you have a stalk to use take a look at this. http://blog.ideasinfood.com/ideas_in_food/2007/10/vegetable-marro.html

I've done it several times and it comes out great. My most successful application was scooping out the center part and then combining it with butter, breadcrumbs and parsley and using it as rockefeller-esque topping on oysters. 

Hmm... I have grown brussels sprouts, and been astounded by how the insects love chomping them. I also hate to waste anything, and adore artichokes. I have tossed many a stalk onto the compost pile, but I won't again, not before getting the "marrow".

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this piece of my continuing education.  :smile:

> ^ . . ^ <

• 2 weeks later...