• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

On 11/21/2022 at 11:00 AM, heidih said:

I can only get to one mainstream market these days and Delicata squash fonally showed up. Then last trip - nope - BUT picked up this cute Carnival. I've not used it before. Planning to split and stuff to roast - Aidell's cCjun Andouille, egg and few breadcrumbs to bind, and the bits of parm and asiago in frige. The oranges in the photo are just tip of the icebergover here so maybe iclide some zest. Later this week.  Will report back. Re-reading this topic gpt me excoited. On way out of store there was a big pile of what looked like sugar pumpkins for cheap so next time.

IMG_1849.jpg

I made this today and have enjoyed a whole half.  Totally forgot the orange element. I left the stuffing uncooked - worked out well. A note to those who want to pre-nuke: I struck whole guy in cheapo MW for minutes. Could hear bit of spitting. Let it cool down and did another 2. Stuck knife in - hard so did another 1-1/2 minutes. Let cool. At first I thought oops overdone. Scooped out seeds, added stuffing and baked at 375F until smelled great and top bits getting brown. The skin crisped up a bit. I'd do it again. Seeds (so many!) soaked for an hour in very salty water and roasted. Nice. ETA: I added a fat juicy serrano chile and that really made it singe for me.

IMG_1852.jpg

heidih

heidih

On 11/21/2022 at 11:00 AM, heidih said:

I can only get to one mainstream market these days and Delicata squash fonally showed up. Then last trip - nope - BUT picked up this cute Carnival. I've not used it before. Planning to split and stuff to roast - Aidell's cCjun Andouille, egg and few breadcrumbs to bind, and the bits of parm and asiago in frige. The oranges in the photo are just tip of the icebergover here so maybe iclide some zest. Later this week.  Will report back. Re-reading this topic gpt me excoited. On way out of store there was a big pile of what looked like sugar pumpkins for cheap so next time.

IMG_1849.jpg

I made this today and have enjoyed a whole half.  Totally forgot the orange element. I left the stuffing uncooked - worked out well. A note to those who want to pre-nuke: I struck whole guy in cheapo MW for minutes. Could hear bit of spitting. Let it cool down and did another 2. Stuck knife in - hard so did another 1-1/2 minutes. Let cool. At first I thought oops overdone. Scooped out seeds, added stuffing and baked at 375F until smelled great and top bits getting brown. The skin crisped up a bit. I'd do it again. Seeds (so many!) soaked for an hour in very salty water and roasted. Nice.

IMG_1852.jpg