• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

I sometimes order a FarmBox with various produce from a nearby organic farm. They also have meal kits and I ordered one of those, which we had for dinner. They have about half a dozen kits, all use organic produce and are vegan. I'm not a vegan, but the kits appealed a bit so I thought I'd give one a try. 

All the ingredients are in a labeled box. 

IMGP5487.JPG.3c9059fffd981f051561b969276

This is a simple kit for Potato Corn Chowder, Tomato Garlic baguette and lettuce boat salad. They include everything you need, even sprigs of thyme and a bit of basil, garlic cloves and soup seasoning. Almond 'milk.' A bit of cornstarch for thickening the soup. Vinaigrette for the salad. 

IMGP5492.JPG.c450c49ac0b0451e4cb8acabc65

The end result was pretty good and it was a fun and easy meal. I don't know that I would order many of these in the future, but I enjoyed trying it out. They had a special one for Thanksgiving which looked really good (included stuffed squash). I was going to try that one, but hesitated and missed the ordering deadline. If they have one for Xmas, I might try that for an after-Xmas meal. . 

IMGP5513.JPG.6215bb18af43facd4cfcd2ffd4f 

IMGP5483.JPG

FauxPas

FauxPas

I sometimes order a FarmBox with various produce from a nearby organic farm. They also have meal kits and I ordered one of those, which we had for dinner. They have about half a dozen kits, all use organic produce and are vegan. I'm not a vegan, but the kits appealed a bit so I thought I'd give one a try. 

All the ingredients are in a labeled box. 

IMGP5487.JPG.3c9059fffd981f051561b969276

This is a simple kit for Potato Corn Chowder, Tomato Garlic baguette and lettuce boat salad. They include everything you need, even sprigs of thyme and a bit of basil, garlic cloves and soup seasoning. Almond 'milk.' A bit of cornstarch for thickening the soup. Vinaigrette for the salad. 

IMGP5492.JPG.c450c49ac0b0451e4cb8acabc65

The end result was pretty good and it was a fun and easy meal. I don't know that I would order many of these in the future, but I enjoyed trying it out. They had a special one for Thanksgiving which looked really good. I was going to try that one, but hesitated and missed the ordering deadline. 

IMGP5513.JPG.6215bb18af43facd4cfcd2ffd4f 

IMGP5483.JPG