• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

22 minutes ago, chefmd said:

I like the TJ's peanut butter cups.  I've tried many brands and only TJ's are an acceptable alternative to Reese's.  I prefer the TJ's dark chocolate cups to the Reese's dark chocolate cups, but it's close.  The regular Reese's (milk chocolate) cups are still in the mix, though.

Been thinking of trying the Mandarin Orange Chicken, so this may push me to make the purchase.  Costco has something similar that (I believe) gfweb mentioned once, but it's a much larger package.  I've been toying with purchasing one or the other at some time.

I've always enjoyed peanut butter filled pretzels, and while Costco has them, one must purchase a big tub (not a good idea for me to have a big tub of any snack item in the apartment), and, IMHO, they are not quite as good as the TJ's variety.  I buy the TJ's filled pretzels just a couple-three times a year.

Shel_B

Shel_B

21 minutes ago, chefmd said:

I like the TJ's peanut butter cups.  I've tried many brands and only TJ's are an acceptable alternative to Reese's.  I prefer the TJ's dark chocolate cups to the Reese's dark chocolate cups, but it's close.  The regular Reese's (milk chocolate) cups are still in the mix, though.

Been thinking of trying the Mandarin Orange Chicken, so this may push me to make the purchase.  Costco has something similar that (I believe) @gfweb mentioned once, but it's a much larger package.  I've been toying with purchasing one or the other at some time.

I've always enjoyed peanut butter filled pretzels, and while Costco has them, one must purchase a big tub (not a good idea for me to have a big tub of any snack item in the apartment), and, IMHO, they are not quite as good as the TJ's variety.  I buy the TJ's filled pretzels just a couple-three times a year.

Shel_B

Shel_B

3 minutes ago, chefmd said:

Been thinking of trying the Mandarin Orange Chicken, so this may push me to make the purchase.  Costco has something similar that (I believe) @gfweb mentioned once, but it's a much larger package.  I've been toying with purchasing one or the other at some time.