• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

minor editing

I don't know if it's the same. For example I like the parmesan Stravecchio that they sell, but I noticed that sometimes its condition wasn't optimal. Most of it tastes fine, but the part close to the rind tends to taste moldy. Also their pieces typically have the rind on two sides, so they are clearly not the most sought-after pieces. It means a little more waste than what I am used to, but still it's a pretty good deal compared to my other options for cheese.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I don't know if it's the same. For example I like the parmesan Stravecchio that they sell, but I noticed that sometimes its condition wasn't optimal. Most of it tastes fine, but the part close to the rind tends to taste moldy. Also their pieces are typically pieces with two sides of rind, so they are clearly not the most sought-after pieces. It means a little more waste than what I am used to, but still it's a pretty good deal compared to my other options for cheese.