• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I decided to try again this Fz cake from France and compare it to the valentine cake which is long gone :

56c46654eb91b_TJsTort1.thumb.jpg.73de13b

Ive had it many times and its a keeper at Tj's

56c466a6c412a_TJsTort2.thumb.jpg.1d0be19

and sur le plate :

56c466bc33e3d_TJsTort3.jpg.13a148fea1bea

I don't get  it often, as soon Ill be at a certain age

this cake is similar to the Val's cake, but denser.  I have no idea how to describe cakes.  denser here is not a negative word

this cake might require heavy whipped cream to go with it, where as the lighter Val's cake, Ice Cold Milk would do.

the good thing about this cake is :

1` ) its from France

2 ) they will probably have it forever, as its been in the chain as long as I can remember.

rotuts

rotuts

I decided to try again this Fz cake from France and compare it to the valentine cake which is long gone :

56c46654eb91b_TJsTort1.thumb.jpg.73de13b

Ive had it many times and its a keeper at Tj's

56c466a6c412a_TJsTort2.thumb.jpg.1d0be19

and sur le plate :

56c466bc33e3d_TJsTort3.jpg.13a148fea1bea

I don't get  it often, as soon Ill be at a certain age

this cake is similar to the Val's cake, but denser.  I have no idea how to describe cakes.  denser here is not a negative work

this cake might require heavy whipped cream to go with it, where as the lighter Val's cake, Ice Cold Milk would do.

the good thing about this cake is :

1` ) its from France

2 ) they will probably have it forever, as its been in the chain as long as I can remember.