• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

From the Feb Fearless Flyer, here's what caught my eye:

Estate bottled Calif EVOO - not new.  I've been using the Greek Kalamata EVOO but will give the local product some love

Organic spicy spinach blend (baby spinach, pak-choi, mizuna and tatsoi)  sounds like a nice salad mix.  I don't think I've seen this one before

Spicy Pickled Vegetables - an escabeche sort of refrigerated product.  I really should just make this up myself but don't always have the right combination of veg on hand.  Maybe worth a try.

100% tart cherry juice - also not new, but the recent warm weather makes me want to make some popsicles and this might be worth a try.   Or maybe I should just use lime juice from my tree and put in some frozen cherries?

Organic Vodka sauce - this one, I don't need to buy, just do something with the jar that's been in my cupboard for months - I don't use jarred sauces that much and it's past it's "best by" date

Mini cinnamon sugar churros - maybe a nice little treat to bake up a couple in the CSO for a coffee break treat - says they bake in 6 min.

Butterscotch shortbread buttons - also sound like they would be nice with a cup of coffee.  Either these or the churros, not both!

Scandinavian Swimmers - I already bought these to bring to my cousin who loves Swedish Fish.  These guys are softer, less chewy, stick to your teeth more but the flavors are nice

Sriracha Potato chips - tried these, liked the lattice-cut texture but I guess I just prefer potato chips to taste of potato.

I might pick up some of the cara cara oranges if they look good

And I'll try a few of the less expensive red wines as I'm on the lookout for a new house red

I'll try to remember to post back on the items that I haven't already tried

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

From the Feb Fearless Flyer, here's what caught my eye:

Estate bottled Calif EVOO - not new.  I've been using the Greek Kalamata EVOO but will give the local product some love

Organic spicy spinach blend (baby spinach, pak-choi, mizuna and tatsoi)  sounds like a nice salad mix.  I don't think I've seen this one before

Spicy Pickled Vegetables - an escabeche sort of refrigerated product.  I really should just make this up myself but don't always have the right combination of veg on hand.  Maybe worth a try.

100% tart cherry juice - also not new, but the recent warm weather makes me want to make some popsicles and this might be worth a try.   Or maybe I should just use lime juice from my tree and put in some frozen cherries?

Organic Vodka sauce - this one, I don't need to buy, just do something with the jar that's been in my cupboard for months - I don't use jarred sauces that much and it's past it's "best by" date

Mini cinnamon sugar churros - maybe a nice little treat to bake up a couple in the CSO for a coffee break treat - says they bake in 6 min.

Butterscotch shortbread buttons - also sound like they would be nice with a cup of coffee.  Either these or the churros, not both!

Scandinavian Swimmers - I already bought these to bring to my cousin who loves Swedish Fish.  These guys are softer, less chewy, stick to your teeth more but the flavors are nice

Sriracha Potato chips - tried these, liked the lattice-cut texture but I guess I just prefer potato chips to taste of potato.

I might pick up some of the cara cara oranges if they look good

And I'll try a few of the less expensive red wines as I'm on the lookout for a new house red