• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Let me see if I can put together a bit of an itinerary. Not totally firmed up yet.

Thursday for those who arrive - the Morato Demo is at George Brown 4-6:30 - so earlier than it would have been at Humber. 

Friday am - I'm hoping we can set up the Soma visit for around 11 am. Then visit a shop or two and head back to Gouter (which is where everything will be held) around dinner time. Doesn't look like there is enough interest in a Master Class to pull that off. Rodney plans to make some lasagna - so those who don't want to eat out can have a bite before the show and tell - that will probably start around 7:30. Usually a bit of wine accompanies show and tell (BYOB).

Saturday we will likely start at Gouter at around 8 or 8:30 - Saturday am will be some didactic teaching. We'll have pastries etc for a bite Saturday and Sunday mornings and we'll put together lunch as we have in the past - a variety of breads, cold cuts, cheese, salads from which you can assemble something. After lunch we start to play - you might want to identify areas you want someone to help you with - or equipment you want to try so that you can plan your time accordingly. We usually go until around 5 on Saturday. 

Saturday evening is dinner - we haven't confirmed the chef yet - but we are working on a couple of options. Likely we'll aim for around 7 pm. 

Sunday we continue to play and teach each other what we know - usually starting around 8 or 8:30 and we usually wrap up around 4. We need to clean up after ourselves as we don't have the budget to pay someone to do this for us - so keep that in mind. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Let me see if I can put together a bit of an itinerary. Not totally firmed up yet.

Thursday for those who arrive - the Morato Demo is at George Brown 4-6:30 - so earlier than it would have been at Humber. 

Friday am - I'm hoping we can set up the Soma visit for around 11 am. Then visit a shop or two and head back to Gouter (which is where everything will be held) around dinner time. Rodney plans to make some lasagna - so those who don't want to eat out can have a bit before the show and tell - that will probably start around 7:30. Usually a bit of wine accompanies show and tell.

Saturday we will likely start at Gouter at around 8 or 8:30 - Saturday am will be some didactic teaching. We'll have pastries etc for a bite Saturday and Sunday mornings and we'll put together lunch as we have in the past - a variety of breads, cold cuts, cheese, salads from which you can assemble something. After lunch we start to play - you might want to identify areas you want someone to help you with - or equipment you want to try so that you can plan your time accordingly. We usually go until around 5 on Saturday. 

Saturday evening is dinner - we haven't confirmed the chef yet - but we are working on a couple of options. Likely we'll aim for around 7 pm. 

Sunday we continue to play and teach each other what we know - usually starting around 8 or 8:30 and we usually wrap up around 4. We need to clean up after ourselves as we don't have the budget to pay someone to do this for us - so keep that in mind.