• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cwfenn

cwfenn

On 1/22/2015 at 10:32 AM, GlorifiedRice said:

I looked on the Instant Pot website and couldnt find frying instructions but I did see that you can use it for Sous Vide...

BTW KFC pressure fries chicken. The only way you will know if the Instant pot fries is to put oil in it and try it out.You arent gonna break it

This link is of a sous vide duck cooked with the "keep warm" function of the Instant Pot (I can't vouch for the recipe since I haven't cooked it).  I have not done any sous vide cooking before due to lack of equipment, but I might consider trying it with the Instant Pot, depending on the temperature settings.  I have a Philips multicooker that might work as well, although steam vents out of it when the temperature gets high, and I'm unsure if temperatures can be changed. 

At the very least, it gives me a reason to play around with it.  

cwfenn

cwfenn

I looked on the Instant Pot website and couldnt find frying instructions but I did see that you can use it for Sous Vide...

BTW KFC pressure fries chicken. The only way you will know if the Instant pot fries is to put oil in it and try it out.You arent gonna break it

This link is of a sous vide duck cooked with the "keep warm" function of the Instant Pot (I can't vouch for the recipe since I haven't cooked it).  I have not done any sous vide cooking before due to lack of equipment, but I might consider trying it with the Instant Pot, depending on the temperature settings.

cwfenn

cwfenn

This link is of a sous vide duck cooked with the "keep warm" function of the Instant Pot (I can't vouch for the recipe since I haven't cooked it).  I have not done any sous vide cooking before due to lack of equipment, but I might consider trying it with the Instant Pot, maybe using the "keep warm" or "manual" functions.