• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice

Well I got the Paderno cause the Benriner was too expensive. LOL Little did I know that I have had a Benriner in my garage all these years I didnt remember purchasing.

I put it in the dishwasher, good as new!

I hated the Veggetti, too much turning and it shreds the seeds with it.

The Paderno does more than spirals, it does ribbons and other cuts. But its annoying to clean, and I feel like its made with that kinda plastic that will eventually turn YELLOW

I havent used the Benriner in 15-16-17 yrs  So I cannot speak about it yet LOL

ETA I just looked up the Benriner on Amazon, $21 !!! They used to be $79.00, I guess they wanna get in on the Spiralizing craze

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BI6CZ8/

GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice

Well I got the Paderno cause the Benriner was too expensive. LOL Little did I know that I have had a Benriner in my garage all these years I didnt remember purchasing.

I put it in the dishwasher, good as new!

I hated the Veggetti, too much turning and it shreds the seeds with it.

The Paderno does more than spirals, it does ribbons and other cuts. But its annoying to clean, and I feel like its made with that kinda plastic that will eventually turn YELLOW

I havent used the Benriner in 15-16-17 yrs  So I cannot speak about it yet LOL