• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Modernist Pantry - United Kingdom Group Buy

lordratner

I apologize if this is the wrong section of the forum, I will move it as required if it is.

I'm going to be buying some things from MP in a week or two, and I know many of the things there are hard to find in the UK. I don't have to pay for International Shipping, so if people want to piggyback on my order, I will sort it all out.

You can post in here and I'll build the order. I will use the exchange rate I pay through my credit card (usually the lowest possible with no fees attached), and add a generic shipping fee to send everything out. Everything will be rounded up to the nearest GBP, to simplify payment. If I end up with a bunch of extra money, I'll recalculate so no one gets screwed. 

I'll place the order after everyone pays. Bank transfer seems easiest in the UK, but Paypal is fine too. I'll be more than happy to email/speak with anyone who wants to make sure I'm not a scam artist. 

This is purely to help out the Brit modernists who can't get what they need. I feel that pain.

Please be specific with what product/quantity you want. If enough people want to split a large quantity, sort it out in this thread and let me know. I'll divide it up and send it out, plus the cost of containers. Some items need refrigeration/freezing, so keep that in mind.

Questions?