• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisipro Cordless Herb Chopper - how to use

Darienne

A gift of course.  :hmmm:

It does work when empty, so we know it works.  But it doesn't work with herbs which are not completely dry after washing.  And it won't work with more than a little bit in it at one time.  Has anyone had any success with this item? 

Thanks.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I had to go look at their web site to see what it looks like: http://www.cuisipro.com/en/Cooking/Cordless-Herb-Chopper-plu74-7190.html. Clearly, I haven't used one, but I have questions.

The photos make it look like there are 2 main blades and a third, stationary? pointed blade coming off the top of the axle. Am I see that right? If so, what's that all about?

I take it you've tried the "shake while chopping" that they say is so easy. What happens with the wet herbs: do they clump up, like trying to mow wet grass?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thanks for your reply.

If my camera (and I) worked properly I could send you a photo.  Alas, neither of us does.  So, it has four blades: a short set opposite each other and a longer set at right angles, also opposite to each other.

cuisipro blades.jpg

(Image from https://www.cuisipro.com/en/WhatsNew/Cordless-Herb-Chopper-plu74-7190.html)  Here's a photo which I hope helps.  What you can't see clearly is the second short blade (left side sort of) which is opposite to the visible short blade.

Yes, we did the shaking thing.  Wet stuff simply didn't move.  Yep, like trying to mow wet grass.  And dry stuff moved only when there was very little in the machine...which makes it useless.  No real information is given about how to use the machine either online or with the item in the box. 

It's not that I'm determined to fit this into my life...I really want to know if anyone out there has made it work.

Edited by Mjx
Added link (log)
  • Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.