• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

words

Our steam oven is a Thermador model linked here.  When we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago we found this and I had to convince my wife we should get it - as it's the most expensive appliance in our kitchen.  We use it more often then our big oven...  And it's awesome at boiling a lot of eggs at once.  Also it can reheat leftover dishes such that they don't seem like leftovers, especially with rice.

Here's a shot of our oven stack just after the remodel: 

Notice there is no microwave.

RE: MC: Bread it has updated - expected to ship tomorrow - Arriving Thu, Nov 9  I do have prime. 

Raamo

Raamo

Our steam oven is a Thermador model linked here.  When we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago we found this and I had to convince my wife we should get it - as it's the most expensive appliance in our kitchen.  We use it more often then our big stove...  And it's awesome at boiling a lot of eggs at once.  Also it can reheat leftover dishes such that they don't seem like leftovers, especially with rice.

Here's a shot of our oven stack just after the remodel: 

Notice there is no microwave.

RE: MC: Bread it has updated - expected to ship tomorrow - Arriving Thu, Nov 9  I do have prime.