• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toliver

Carl's Jr. aka Hardee's 2014

4 posts in this topic

Their recent advertising has been to tout their fresh-baked buns. I thought the buns were solely for their premium line of burgers ("$6 dollar burgers") but on a recent visit I was asked if I wanted a fresh bun with my Western Bacon single. They charged a little extra for swapping the regular buns for the new fresh-baked buns. 

To my surprise, the fresh-baked buns do taste better than their regular buns, IMHO. The dough is a little on the sweet side...not quite King's Hawaiian bread sweet but sweet enough that I noticed it. It did make for a better burger experience, if you will.

Has anyone else tried their new line of fresh-baked buns?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Carl's/Hardee's has a new promotion burger out...The Texas BBQ Burger. It's a bottom layer of smoked beef brisket, then a thick-burger patty, with jalapeño straws all on their fresh-baked buns. It's one of their more expensive burgers. You can print out a nice coupon from their web site: Carl's Jr

I was surprised to find that I liked it. Upon first bite, it had a nice charbroiled flavor. The brisket had a nice smokiness to it (which the cynic in me thinks was due to liquid smoke). The jalapeño straws made a negligible contribution to the burger.  I detected no spicy heat from them at all and so I figured they were there for the crunchy texture. The bbq sauce they used wasn't overly sweet and there wasn't a lot of it so it wasn't dripping or messy. 

Overall, a pretty good burger that I would order again.

1 person likes this

There's a new breakfast sandwich at Carl's Jr: Grilled Pork Chop Biscuit

It comes with egg and cheese, of course.

It's surprisingly good. The "pork chop" is more like a slice of pork tenderloin. The slice I had was thicker than the usual slice of Canadian bacon (ham) that you find in a general Fast Food morning biscuit/sandwich.

The exterior of the pork is heavily seasoned with black pepper (which is not spicy hot) which adds to the overall flavor of the sandwich. 

I recommend this new sandwich.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0