• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

@Jim D. - I've found that the numbers I get from ProChoc seem to align quite well with those I measure with my Aw meter. The weakness I find with ProChoc is the caramel - I think it's in there but I'm not sure how to account for it. I'd love to be able to put in something like -  "X grams of sugar, X grams of cream cooked to X degrees" - without actually having to know the amount of caramel that would result. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

@Jim D. - I've found that the numbers I get from ProChoc align quite well with those I measure with my Aw meter. The weakness I find with ProChoc is the caramels - I think it's in there but I'm not sure how to account for it.