• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

7 hours ago, ChristianD said:

I would like to take this opportunity to refer you to the test version of my ganache calculator, which you can find at http://ganache.guru/Test_EN2.php. It offers a range of calculation options, provides recommendations and is able to perform a variety of parameters (including consistency and shelf life) based on the ingredients. This may help balancing recipes for truffles. One of the biggest advantages is that most of the common ingredients (currently about 1500) are already stored here and do not have to be entered manually. If certain ingredients are still missing, you are welcome to send them to me. For any questions and/or requests, please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you have any suggestions regarding additional functionality or if you are missing functions, please feel free to let me know. I will gladly try to implement them.

@ChristianD - welcome to eG! I notice you posted back in March and no one welcomed you. We'd love it if you would introduce yourself to the group. It would be nice to learn about you, what you are doing and what prompted you to develop this ganache calculator. 

That's a pretty complex looking calculator you have developed and I'm sure we'd all love to take it for a spin. You'll find lots of beta testers here. Perhaps you could start a separate thread for it so it doesn't get lost in the middle of this thread that started 10 years ago. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

7 hours ago, ChristianD said:

I would like to take this opportunity to refer you to the test version of my ganache calculator, which you can find at http://ganache.guru/Test_EN2.php. It offers a range of calculation options, provides recommendations and is able to perform a variety of parameters (including consistency and shelf life) based on the ingredients. This may help balancing recipes for truffles. One of the biggest advantages is that most of the common ingredients (currently about 1500) are already stored here and do not have to be entered manually. If certain ingredients are still missing, you are welcome to send them to me. For any questions and/or requests, please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you have any suggestions regarding additional functionality or if you are missing functions, please feel free to let me know. I will gladly try to implement them.

@ChristianD - welcome to eG! I notice you posted back in March and no one welcomed you. We'd love it if you would introduce yourself to the group. It would be nice to learn about you, what you are doing and what prompted you to develop this ganache calculator. 

That's a pretty complex looking calculator you have developed and I'm sure we'd all love to take it for a spin. Perhaps you could start a separate thread for it so it doesn't get lost in the middle of this thread that started 10 years ago.