• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dry Cured Tuna Loin

weinoo

I bought a bunch of products from La Tienda recently, including some dry cured tuna loin. As an aside, they shipped very quickly and packed the stuff I bought perfectly with everything arriving in good condition, including jarred artichoke hearts, bags of potato chips, and the loin, which was packed with the sausage in a styrofoam box with 2 frozen gel packs.

Anyone ever use it or have some tips for its use?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

On good crusty bread with some olive oil and nothing more. You really don't want anything else to overpower the pure taste of the tuna.

I love dried tuna loin. (got mine in Portugal http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenhosaudade/10758311115/in/set-72157594536266931/)

Yes - that looks exactly the same.

Definitely going to have to get around to doing it. Now I just have to see if I can get my hands on a nice tuna loin.

Edit: I wonder if this would work with any other type of fish...

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...