• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

...never again set my cell phone timer for 8 hours instead of 8 minutes to cook my pasta.

I usually use my kitchen timer, but it was busy with a prior appointment. The kitchen timer only has minutes and seconds. Didn't notice that the cell phone went up to hours.

I was thinking "that seems like a long 8 minutes" after about 20, but I was distracted on some food internet forum or other. I think its name  began with an 'e" and ended with something sounding like it may be a baby sea bird. Pasta was perfectly cooked into mush.

Start again!

liuzhou

liuzhou

...never again set my cell phone timer for 8 hours instead of 8 minutes to cook my pasta.

I usually use my oven timer, but it was busy with a prior appointment. The oven timer only has minutes and seconds. Didn't notice that the cell phone went up to hours.

I was thinking "that seems like a long 8 minutes" after about 20, but I was distracted on some food forum or other. I think it began with an 'e" and ended with something sounding like it may be a baby sea bird. Pasta was perfectly cooked into mush.

Start again!

liuzhou

liuzhou

I usually use my oven timer, but it was busy with a prior appointment. The oven timer only has minutes and seconds. Didn't notice that the cell phone went up to hours.

I was thinking that that seems like a long 8 minutes after about 20, but I was distracted on some food forum or other. I thin it began with an 'e" and ended with something sounding like it may be a baby sea bird.. Pasta was perfectly cooked into mush.

Start again!