• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I will never again start reducing a chicken stock that took hours to make, then get engrossed in some nonsense on the internet . The stock reduced OK - to a brown sludge on the bottom of the pan.

I will never again, having reduced stock to a brown sludge on the bottom of a pan, curse at it, turn off the heat and stomp out the house for an hour or two to do some shopping, only to return to find that I didn't turn off the heat at all , but turned the knob in the wrong direction and only reduced it to minimum. Cooking brown sludge for two hours on minimum doesn't help.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I will never again start reducing a chicken stock that took hours to make, then get engrossed in som enonsense on the internet . The stock reduced OK - to a brown sludge on the bottom of the pan.

I will never again, having reduced stock to a brown sludge on the bottom of a pan, curse at it, turn off the heat and stomp out the house for an hour or two to do some shopping, only to return to find that I didn't turn off the heat at all , but turned the knob in the wrong direction and only reduced it to minimum. Cooking brown sludge for two hours on minimum doesn't help.