• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

... spend half the afternoon cursing myself for having forgotten this morning to buy the lettuce I deemed compulsory for tonight's dinner and really not wanting to go back out again. Eventually, I surrendered and got almost half way to my nearest lettuce purveyor, when I suddenly remembered that I had earlier changed my mind about dinner and had bought the necessary for a completely different preparation and that lettuce was the last thing I needed. My planned meal would welcome lettuce like you would welcome it in your morning cornflakes.

This memory lapse is clearly down to the festive season indulgence and nothing to do with me getting old, oh no! I am as as fit as a one of those musical instruments that people tuck under their chins and scrape with animal gut - what do you call them again? It's slipped my mind.

(Sitting back waiting for someone to come out and confess to never eating cornflakes without lettuce.)

Favourite Shakespeare quote #143

Isn’t it strange that strings made of sheep’s guts are capable of drawing men’s souls out of their bodies?

- Much Ado About Nothing, act 2, scene 3)

liuzhou

liuzhou

... spend half the afternoon cursing myself for having forgotten this morning to buy the lettuce I deemed compulsory for tonight's dinner and really not wanting to go back out again. Eventually, I surrendered and got almost half way to my nearest lettuce purveyor, when I suddenly remembered that I had earlier changed my mind about dinner and had bought the necessary for a completely different preparation and that lettuce was the last thing I needed. My planned meal would welcome lettuce like you would welcome it in your morning cornflakes.

This memory lapse is clearly down to the festive season indulgence and nothing to do with me getting old, oh no! I am as as fit as a one of those musical instruments that people tuck under their chins and scrape with animal gut - what do you call them again. It's slipped my mind.

(Sitting back waiting for someone to come out and confess to never eating cornflakes without lettuce.)

Favourite Shakespeare quote #143

Isn’t it strange that strings made of sheep’s guts are capable of drawing men’s souls out of their bodies?

- Much Ado About Nothing, act 2, scene 3)