• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

addition

Once again I find myself back here.  This morning I made DL's Buttercrunch Toffee as an inclusion to be put into vanilla ice cream.  p.200, The Perfect Scoop.  And once again (and again and again) I forgot to put in the soda and the vanilla at the end of the cooking process. 

I had them RIGHT beside the burner.  I have not one, but two, blue stick'ems on the adjacent page with notes in LARGE PRINTING:  DO NOT FORGET THE SODA & VANILLA.  and once again...well, you know.  (It doesn't ruin the outcome...but it doesn't help it either.)

So I have come up with yet another aide memoire.  I have cut out a section of Staples white mailing labels, leaving on the protective backing, written on each label:  Soda & Vanilla, and intend to stick a label on my backing sheet each time I make the toffee.  The labels will be kept in the DL book.  ...could use a larger label and darker printing.

I will be grateful for any additional ideas....

(Mock-up) P1010001_88.JPG

Darienne

Darienne

addition

Once again I find myself back here.  This morning I made DL's Buttercrunch Toffee as an inclusion to be put into vanilla ice cream.  p.200, The Perfect Scoop.  And once again (and again and again) I forgot to put in the soda and the vanilla at the end of the cooking process. 

I had them RIGHT beside the burner.  I have not one, but two, blue stick'ems on the adjacent page with notes in LARGE PRINTING:  DO NOT FORGET THE SODA & VANILLA.  and once again...well, you know.  (It doesn't ruin the outcome...but it doesn't help it either.)

So I have come up with yet another aide memoire.  I have cut out a section of Staples white mailing labels, leaving on the protective backing, written on each label:  Soda & Vanilla, and intend to stick a label on my backing sheet each time I make the toffee.  The labels will be kept in the DL book.  ...could use a larger label and darker printing.

Darienne

Darienne

Darienne

Darienne

So I have come up with yet another aide memoire.  I have cut out a section of Staples white mailing labels, leaving on the protective backing, written on each label:  Soda & Vanilla, and intend to stick a label on my backing sheet each time I make the toffee.  The labels will be kept in the DL book.  ...could use a larger label and darker printing.P1010001_88.JPG

(Mock-up)