• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Imitation Crab (surimi/kamaboku/krab/crab product)

Shel_B

Looks really good ❤️ 

We made our slightly different - added some ground shrimp for a chewy texture ... rolled it into balls - made it flat - half moons etc ... refrigerate for immediate use- freeze for later blah blah blah 

• Like 3

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ... 

I do like shrimp and/or squid versions as well. Steamed and then grilled on a skewer. And usually made a but seeeter than the fish ones ... As they dont absorb the broth so well, I usually dont put them in oden, though.

In many prefectures in Japan they use fatty fish (mackarel, even sardines) for the paste ... excellent products as well. Very good with hot mustard.

• Like 2