• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trays for drying pasta

Franci

I found these on Amazon. That's what a lot of people like to use in Italy to dry pasta. They are out of stock now and I was thinking if you know of a better deal.

Some people use also plastic mosquito nets and order the frame from a carpenter but I'm not sure I'll save any money this way.

Thanks!

My first thought was, if you have some tools and are even a little bit handy, you could go round to Home Depot (there's one on the south side of 14th Street, or possibly 23rd..? should be easy to check), pick up the materials, and put together something like this. Alternatively, Bed Bath and Beyond has sweater drying racks that go for about USD10 (not very pretty, but should do the job).

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

Hi Franci!

I know of people using sweater dryers such as this one :

http://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-Stackable-Sweater-Drying/dp/B001BRW6TE/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1385047919&sr=1-2&keywords=sweater+dryer

If you search sweater dryers on Amazon it comes up with many options.

When I was looking for something like that, I discovered the wide range of sizes they come in. Be sure to check the size before buying, especially when buying on line.

... Shel