• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MokaPot

MokaPot

Add a question.

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

You clearly have plenty of equipment and photo knowledge.  I'll just clarify for others that for low-light photography of still subjects, like food, you'll get the best improvement from better lighting and a steady camera and like @TicTac said, it's mostly personal preference.  In SLR days, I was a Nikon person.  Switched to Canon for digital. 

@blue_dolphin, would be interested to know what model Canon you use. Your food photos look great and, somehow, cheerful.

I think focus / steady camera is an issue for me. (Lighting as well.)

I don't mind my iPhone camera, except that I can't get a photo that looks like it was taken 100% from a head-on perspective (perpendicular). It's not that apparent in food photos, but if I'm taking a photo of a building that is symmetrical, I can see that the approach looks skewed.

Could be due to the lens being on the left side on the back of my phone.

MokaPot

MokaPot

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

You clearly have plenty of equipment and photo knowledge.  I'll just clarify for others that for low-light photography of still subjects, like food, you'll get the best improvement from better lighting and a steady camera and like @TicTac said, it's mostly personal preference.  In SLR days, I was a Nikon person.  Switched to Canon for digital. 

@blue_dolphin, would be interested to know what model Canon you use. Your food photos look great and, somehow, cheerful.

I think focus / steady camera is an issue for me. (Lighting as well.)