• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mm84321

Chocolate decoration

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to make this spiral shaped chocolate decoration. Unfortunately, the recipe I am going by gives no instructions for it. My first thought was to spread tempered chocolate on some acetate, cut into shape with a razor blade, then roll around a pin and let set. I am not sure if that will even work, or if there may be a better technique for making something such as this.

Here is a picture:

ffojcl.jpg

I think you are on the right track. I would spread tempered chocolate on acetate, score with a needle and lay inside a cylinder like a cut PVC pipe. When set up, peel off and and the cut edges should separate.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

I agree, pre-cut, then once you've lifted it (coated in chocolate) run your fingers along the edges to neaten them.

Sian

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy chocolate, and that's kinda the same thing really."

Thanks all. I think I will try pre-cutting the acetate, as I imagine it will end up looking neater that way. I'll report back with results.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0