• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

1 hour ago, David Ross said:

One of the best meals I ever had down there was a dim sum lunch at Ping Pang Pong in the Gold Coast Hotel, not known as a bastion for great dining.  John Curtas was with us, along with our dear friend Steven Shaw who was a founder of eGullet and left us far too soon.  Steven was in town to accept an award from a society for his Asian Dining Rules book.  That restaurant has only gotten better in recent years and folks line up every morning waiting for dim sum to begin.

I remember when Steven wrote about that.That is where I learned to enjoy chicken feet. Deb rolled her eyes quite a bit at that sitting. The Vienna Beef hot dogs from the Gold Coast cart are among my favorites at $1.25 each, they are a favorite poolside lunch for us.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

50 minutes ago, David Ross said:

One of the best meals I ever had down there was a dim sum lunch at Ping Pang Pong in the Gold Coast Hotel, not known as a bastion for great dining.  John Curtas was with us, along with our dear friend Steven Shaw who was a founder of eGullet and left us far too soon.  Steven was in town to accept an award from a society for his Asian Dining Rules book.  That restaurant has only gotten better in recent years and folks line up every morning waiting for dim sum to begin.

That is where I learned to enjoy chicken feet. Deb rolled her eyes quite a bit at that sitting. The Vienna Beef hot dogs from the Gold Coast cart are among my favorites at $1.25 each, they are a favorite poolside lunch for us.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

45 minutes ago, David Ross said:

That is where I learned to enjoy chicken feet. Deb rolled her eyes quite a bit at that sitting.

HC