• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

On 4/16/2021 at 10:36 AM, David Ross said:

Perfect and delicious.  I know when I first started making Banh Mi some of my snooty friends confused it when I said I used canned pork pate from the Asian store.  I think they thought that was terrible and I should only use some expensive French "pate de fois gras."  Hah, I got them on that one.  The pork pate is delicious and just perfect, (and what I know is used on many Banh Mi sandwiches in Vietnam.

Reminds me of some show or movie where these snooty guests asked for Pate at some Hotel and were given canned cat food and they loved it.

Edit: I think it was AHS

On topic, Is Diakon essential? Could Celery or cucumber be subbed?

FeChef

FeChef

Perfect and delicious.  I know when I first started making Banh Mi some of my snooty friends confused it when I said I used canned pork pate from the Asian store.  I think they thought that was terrible and I should only use some expensive French "pate de fois gras."  Hah, I got them on that one.  The pork pate is delicious and just perfect, (and what I know is used on many Banh Mi sandwiches in Vietnam.

Reminds me of some show or movie where these snooty guests asked for Pate at some Hotel and were given canned cat food and they loved it.

Edit: I think it was AHS

FeChef

FeChef