• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican Cuisine Videos on the Interwebs

EatNopales

So Saturday's at Noon PST... you can also watch La Cocina de Alejandro (see a few posts prior)... and 12:30 PST follows Viajes a Traves del Espiritu de la Cocina Mexicana... another interesting show to documents culinary traditions among Mexico's minority & remote communities. In the last episiode they were in an Afro-Mestizo community in the Oaxacan "small" coast where they harvested mussels from the mangrove & prepared them several ways including a Puya chile broth & the following raw cocktail:

http://www.myspace.com/esaugcarpio/photos/21986855

This is from their Aguascalientes episode:

AAquesada Thanks for the recipe. Very generous of you and please thank your grandmother. The idea of using tomatillos is interesting. I made some Tomatillo/Lime jam and loved it. I would also definitely use piloncillo and not brown sugar. I am trying to convince our local outlet of all things hot and spicy to carry piloncillo but in the meantime a friend from NJ brings me a yearly care package.

EatNopales. I am OK with raisins although not crazy about them. Might use dried cranberries which are scarcely authentic, although I sub them often for raisins. I would also use pecan, or even almonds. I love peanuts, but they don't belong in everything and to me they are not a case of one 'nut' versus another.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

• 1 month later...

AWESOME new food show on Once TV... with the abysmal stupidity & inane ridiculousness of shows on Food Network and its fellow Infotainment degenerates.. trust me it would be worth learning Spanish for this one alone.

It looks like they are going to make all the full episodes available on You Tube at the following page: