• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need a shrimp pate recipe

Eman57

So i have some extra shrimp left over fromt he other night. I plan on making a traditional pate with it, but i am coming up short on a credible recipe. I have no access to a garde manger book, and on the internet it seems like no one makes them the traditional way anymore. I know the main ingridents like heavy cream, spices, etc... i am unsure how much egg whites to add, i have a quart container of shrimp FYI.

Pease Help!!

I actually do have a garde manger book, if I had looked through it before I bought it, I probably would not have, most of it is already covered in the Professional Chef book. Anyways, theres a recipe for "Mediterranean Seafood Terrine" (Has shrimp and scallops, but I'm sure you can sub all shrimp) and "Salmon Pâté en Croûte" (which has 1 lb. shrimp and 12 oz. salmon). The recipes are too much to type, if you want them, pm me your email and I'll scan them and send them in a .jpg.