• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Set of small diameter "corers", where to buy

I was working in a restaurant a month ago, where they used a set of "corers" for a few items on the menu, like making 5mm cucumber rods and 1cm flakes of spinach/shaved beet root.

It came as a set from 5mm-20mm, I think, and had a small poker for the smaller diameters. Does anyone know what this is called and where I could purchase a set?køben 057.JPG

Edited by Jørgen Sørheim (log)

They were probably part of a set of garnishing tools which can have an extensive array of punches, corers, cutters and etc.

This is just the selection from one vendor. There are other vendors who have even more sets and individual tools.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett