• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saved a Non-stick pan from the trash

qrn

Have a 10inch All Clad nonstick fry pan, that was destined for the trash, had lots of dark brown all over it and was not really nonstick any more. I had already bought another one, so had nothing to lose,

Anyway , I sprayed it really heavily with Easy OFF"fume free max",oven cleaner, and let it sit for a couple hours,

scrubbed it lightly with a Tuffy scouring pad,AND,,, to my suprise,all the brown "seasoning"came off leaving the thing like new, and still nicely nonstick,,,it didn't damage the coating at all, as its reputed to do..

Had to share the good luck.... I think the term is, YMMV,however,,

Bud

That's a lot of work!

Usually I just unscrew what's left of the ahndle and use it as an underliner for potted plants...

not much work,for essentially, a new $100 pan,that I will be able to use again..

Bud

Have a 10inch All Clad nonstick fry pan, that was destined for the trash, had lots of dark brown all over it and was not really nonstick any more. I had already bought another one, so had nothing to lose,

Anyway , I sprayed it really heavily with Easy OFF"fume free max",oven cleaner, and let it sit for a couple hours,

scrubbed it lightly with a Tuffy scouring pad,AND,,, to my suprise,all the brown "seasoning"came off leaving the thing like new, and still nicely nonstick,,,it didn't damage the coating at all, as its reputed to do..

Had to share the good luck.... I think the term is, YMMV,however,,

Bud

That's good to know, but, if you'd bought yours at Williams Sonoma (I believe All Clad has a life time warranty on their products no matter where you buy), all you had to do is take it in and get another. I did. This was the FREE griddle pan I got with a set of All Clad I bought six years ago.

P3138163.jpg

And just last month, I took it in and they replaced it with this. No questions asked. No receipt necessary.

P3138167.jpg

There was a local store where I took them to be replaced several times, but they are now out of business.

I might try the W/S store and see what they say, however, I bought all mine from Cookware and more.com as seconds

plus an extra 20%off, sale...

Bud