• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prasantrin

Storing Salted Eggs

3 posts in this topic

Shortly before my mother left for her 4-month stint "back home", she bought some salted eggs. I think she had planned to bring them with her, but she forgot. She says they were the best salted eggs she's had in a long time.

I'm not going to eat them, but I'd like to save them for her if I can. Options:

Leave out in the open until she returns (mid July)--no air conditioning in the house, so room temp may be relatively high by mid-July.

Refrigerate

Freeze--in shell or out?

Which option will provide the best result? (i.e. least degradation of product)

(FWIW, I thought there was a similar topic, but could not find it.)

Wow. I think that's pretty hard decision on how to preserve it. I guess they will not be okay to eat in a few weeks or a month. I've tried storing a few salted eggs before in a refrigerator and it got rotten and had a bad smell after a few weeks. How about experimenting some recipes where you can use some of those salted eggs?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0