• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

I've had a uwave /convection oven.  I found it awkward. Quicker, yes, but seemed to overcook the surface of stuff (which makes sense since uwaves penetrate about a cm or so and the innards of a dish have to heat by conduction from the surface).

I'd get a Cuisinart Steam Oven. Not quite as fast a uwave, but fast and with clear advantages re cooking quality.  There's lots of stuff I'd never use a uwave for...but nothing that I wouldn't put in the CSO

I have both and rarely use the uwave.  Maybe to thaw a pizza slice before I put in in the CSO.

gfweb

gfweb

I've had a uwave /convection oven.  I found it awkward. Quicker, yes, but seemed to overcook the surface of stuff (which makes sense since uwaves penetrate about a cm or so and the innards of a dish have to heat by conduction from the surface).

I'd get a Cuisinart Steam Oven. Not quite as fast a uwave, but fast and with clear advantages re cooking quality. 

I have both and rarely use the uwave.  Maybe to thaw a pizza slice before I put in in the CSO.