• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Bottom Sirloin Roast

Paul Bacino

I continue to look at other cut cuts of Beef.. this weekend at Costco I picked up a Bottom Sirloin roast.. If you get this roast.. you have to do a serious bit of dissection!! It comes from NAMP # 1185.. I can identify the Ball tip IM ( 1185 B ) .. which is what this cut is.. but I also fillet out a tri tip too ( 1185 D )!! This Ball Steak I sous vide 6 hrs @130 .. rest and pan fry supper hot.

This was a bit chewy and a I wasn't real happy with the beef flavor/texture , I think the Top round is much better for the money still .... with this method ( sous vide ) so far.. but tri-tip to come.

Not a culinary .. master pc.. but I'm just playing around with cuts of beef here!!5409259922_ae57917aa9.jpg

Its good to have Morels