• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

format

I've tried more recipes from Ready for Desserts since my last post. It seems to be my go-to dessert book at the moment.

Chocolate Port Truffles

These were a departure from my usual truffle recipe because they were a multi-step affair with several very messy steps (at least for me) especially the rolling and dipping part. But it was really worth the (minor) trouble. They were intense with a wonderful texture. I served them at the end of the Easter meal.

Blondies (which disappeared before I could take a picture).

Similar to the brownies, in that they are really fast to make. I did not let the batter cool down properly before adding the chocolate chips, so they bled a little into the cake. But that did not really matter, there were still distinctive chips in the end and the blondies were delicious.

Flo's Chocolate Snaps

This is a simple butter cookie flavored with cocoa powder. They were a little less snappy than what I would have thought based on their name, not that it really mattered. They are great with tea.

It was my inaugural recipe for my new Kitchenaid stand mixer!

5741430359_89cfbf5ac1_z.jpg

And the best for last...

Chocolate Crack Cookies

These have to be amongst the most delicious cookies I've had a chance to try.

They have a light and crumbly texture thanks to the almond powder, and an intense chocolate flavor, almost like a brownie. They really deserve their name. It's my new favorite recipe from the book!

5741986974_47abccd99a_z.jpg

Edited to correct typos

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I've tried more recipes from Ready for Desserts since my last post. It seems to be my go-to dessert book at the moment.

Chocolate Port Truffles

These were a departure from my usual truffle recipe because they were a multi-step affair with several very messy steps (at least for me) especially the rolling and dipping part. But it was really worth the (minor) trouble. They were intense with a wonderful texture. I served them at the end of the Easter meal.

Blondies (which disappeared before I could take a picture).

Similar to the brownies, in that they are really fast to make. I did not let the batter cool down properly before adding the chocolate chips, so they bled a little into the cake. But that did not really matter, there were still distinctive chips in the end and the blondies were delicious.

Flo's Chocolate Snaps

This is a simple butter cookie flavored with cocoa powder. They were a little less snappy than what I would have thought based on their name, not that it really mattered. They are great with tea.

It was my inaugural recipe for my new Kitchenaid stand mixer!

5741430359_89cfbf5ac1_z.jpg

And the best for last...

Chocolate Crack Cookies

These have to be amongst the most delicious cookies I've had a chance to try.

They have a light and crumbly texture thanks to the almond powder, and an intense chocolate flavor, almost like a brownie. They really deserve their name. It's my new favorite recipe from the book!

5741986974_47abccd99a_z.jpg

Edited to correct typos