• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

That sounds about perfect, @Smithy.  Not big enough to create agony if it comes out poorly; but just dense enough to cook slowly.

On the peanut-butter-whiskey . . . I confess that I am ok with it.  I mean, think of how it might play in a hard sauce . . . .  I wouldn't drink it neat, but I'm sure I could figure something out.  

But my real question is for @kayb -- do you eat the full quarter each year?  I realize I don't know anything about your household size.  I've been splitting quarters with a friend, but the jealousy is beginning to get the best of me.  I'm trying to figure out if I can handle a whole quarter at a time.  [And I recognize -- this is not exactly a question that can be answered by one's Internet Friends . . . ].

SLB

SLB

That sounds about perfect, @Smithy.  Not big enough to create agony if it comes out poorly; but just dense enough to cook slowly.

On the peanut-butter-whiskey . . . I confess that I am ok with it.  I mean, think of how it might play in a hard sauce . . . .  I wouldn't drink it neat, but I'm sure I could figure something out.  

But my real question is for @kayb -- do you eat the full quarter each year?  I realize I don't know what your household size it.  I've been splitting quarters with a friend, but the jealousy is beginning to get the best of me.  I'm trying to figure out if I can handle a whole quarter at a time.  [And I recognize -- this is not exactly a question that can be answered by one's Internet Friends . . . ].