• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Adventures with Chocolate by Paul A Young

lapin d'or

This book from Paul A Young came out in the UK last year but I have only just purchased a copy and wonder if anyone else is using it.

The book has some really wonderful flavour combinations and is written to inspire home cooks so no great emphasis on equipment. Many of the recipes are for ganaches but there are savoury and dessert ones in there too. Some really good notes on chocolate flavours and pairing them imaginatively.

Some odd ones like Marmite ganache that I will not be trying but others like goats cheese and lemon that I think I will.

I am also keen to try the caramel,milk chocolate and Glenmorangie whiskey sauce and the lemon thyme caramel sauce.

Will post back when I have some pictures to show.

Just got a copy myself after looking at a friends copy a few weeks back. Very interesting flavour combinations - looking forward to having a bit of time to go through it carefully.

Just got a copy myself after looking at a friends copy a few weeks back. Very interesting flavour combinations - looking forward to having a bit of time to go through it carefully.

Where did you get a copy please? Thanks.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Where did you get a copy please? Thanks.

Amazon in the UK.